Followers

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Just as I expected!

I was intrigued by the notice today that Nestle is buying the company Prometheus. This really is what I would be expecting from an intelligent company trying to make moves in creating a new industry.
It is ironic that about 4 years ago, while I was with Pfizer, I was asked by the Business Strategy group to be involved in a due diligence of a visiting company, Prometheus. I heard their presentation and was very enthusiastic on their strategy. I pushed Pfizer to invest but it was to no avail. Would have been a great return.
But this is very exciting news. The link is:

This is a move for Nestle to enter health care. This is not necessarily the best move for establishing personalized nutrition. But it is clear that the Nestle strategy on personalized nutrition is unclear.
But it is very encouraging.

No comments: