Followers

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Back on line

It has been a turbulent few years for me. Moved from the pharmaceutical industry to the molecular diagnostics industry to the diagnostics industry and the Health IT industry. It taught me a lot. By "living" in these health care sectors, it made me realize and understand even more why the health care sector is broken. The business models for all these industries are out of synch with the payers, providers and patients. It is a product push approach working in a service industry! I left the US for personal reasons and moved back to Australia after 35 years. Australia is so much easier than the US and is financially in a better place. It is not as I remembered. There is more tension in the major cities but certainly far less than the US. The health system here is supposedly better as you hear that it is free. It is free if you are out of work! But for those employed it is a percentage of your income and then there are costs for services and products above this. Still trying to learn the system.
But I do consider Australia to be "the greatest clinical trial in the world"!
More on this, just wanted to get back on line.

No comments: